arla on dual amd 64-bit

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Mon Aug 1 20:00:03 CEST 2005

 MO> trying to install Arla on a new dual 64-bit AMD Opteron
 MO> machine. This is my config options:

 RK> Hi!  I've been using arla on a (single) amd64, on FreeBSD 5.4, with
 RK> some help from Haba. [...]

Hi again, heres some details to my previous post.

My patch is on http://www.stacken.kth.se/~kaj/tmp/arla-amd64.patch .
Note that it is _not_ yet fit for general consumption (will break
stuff on systems other than amd64 FreeBSD 5.4) yet.

With this patch, afs seems to work for me, allthough i get loads of:

Aug  1 19:37:23 nestor kernel: kldload: unexpected relocation type 10

... when running startarla.  I don't now what that really means, so I
don't know how important it is ...

--
Rasmus Kaj --+-- rasmus at kaj.se --+-- http://www.stacken.kth.se/~kaj/
What garlic is to food, insanity is to art