arla 0.36.2 on FreeBSD current

Gernot Hueber hueber at riic.at
Fri Sep 24 13:23:08 CEST 2004

Hello Mark,

I have found the cause of the kernel crash when unloading the nnpfs
module in arla-0.36.2 on a FreeBSD-Current. Well in the meanwhile no
longer very current - I dont want to break my system too often ;-)
(It is very likely that I have broken nnpfs.ko myself with a wrong
patch for makedev (no "_"!) I have reported some time ago.

regards

Gernot

static dev_t arladev[NNNPFS];

extern struct cdevsw nnpfs_cdev;

/*
 * This is to build a kld module (FreeBSD3.0 and later, but we only
 * support FreeBSD 4.1 and later)
 */

#if KLD_MODULE

static void
make_devices (struct cdevsw *devsw)
{
    int i;

    for (i = 0; i < NNNPFS; ++i)
        arladev[i]=make_dev (devsw, i, UID_ROOT, GID_WHEEL, 0600,
"nnpfs%d", i);
}

static void
destroy_devices (struct cdevsw *devsw)
{
    int i;

    for (i = 0; i < NNNPFS; ++i)
        destroy_dev (arladev[i]);
/*      destroy_dev (makedev (devsw->d_maj, i));*/
}