Hangs on read. Was Re: Do any of the arla snapshots work under redhat 9?

Jason Ferrara jeferrara at sarnoff.com
Tue Mar 30 14:28:46 CEST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 5:00 AM, Harald Barth wrote:

>> I also have lots of log messages like
>>
>>   arla[879]: kernel: all 16 workers busy
>>
>> Does this matter?
>
> All 16 threads? If you are not doing 16 concurrent file operations
> that should
> not happen. Maybe you want to turn on some arlad debug output to see
> what the
> threads are doing.

I have at least 60 processes all reading from afs. And may have up to
200.
Do I need to increase the number of workers? What happens when all
threads are busy?

> The cvs server was recently reinstalled and I don't know if everything
> got
> at its right place yet. The master copy is at
>
> cvs -R -d /afs/stacken.kth.se/src/SourceRepository checkout arla

Hmmm. It would be difficult for me to get an afs client running that
has access to
outside servers (@!#$%@ firewalls). Any idea when ssh access will be
working again?