Hangs on read. Was Re: Do any of the arla snapshots work underredhat 9?

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Mar 30 12:03:44 CEST 2004

> Turned out to be a glibc problem.

*Mumbles something about RH and glibc and patches*

> I also have lots of log messages like
>
>   arla[879]: kernel: all 16 workers busy
>
> Does this matter?

All 16 threads? If you are not doing 16 concurrent file operations that should
not happen. Maybe you want to turn on some arlad debug output to see what the
threads are doing.

> How would I get the latest cvs? I tried the instructions on the web
> site, and get...
>
> $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.stacken.kth.se:/stacken-cvs checkout arla
> cvs server: cannot find module `arla' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

The cvs server was recently reinstalled and I don't know if everything got
at its right place yet. The master copy is at

cvs -R -d /afs/stacken.kth.se/src/SourceRepository checkout arla

Harald.