build can't find des.h

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri Mar 12 10:42:57 CET 2004

Brian Sammon <brians+ at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> I have two versions of des.h on my computer, the openssl version and the
> kth-krb4 version.  Which one is preferable?

For older arla versions, the answer would be 'the one that your kerberos
package uses' (most likely krb4 in this case). However, since last October,
we only support krb5 in arla. Unless you have _very_ strong reasons for
using krb4 in arla, you're most likely better off with krb5. Besides, since
cross realm support was removed from krb4 (due to serious protocol flaws)
it's not very useful for most of us anyway. There are more reasons. We
recommend heimdal.

/Tomas