arla 0.36.2 on FreeBSD current

Andrew Kolchoogin andrew at rinet.ru
Thu Jul 8 20:28:14 CEST 2004

Gentlemen,

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:55:41AM -0600, Mark Ogden wrote:

> > I have tried to compile arla-0.36.2 on FreeBSD-current (about 1 month
> > old). Unfortunately
> > I have run into several issues with nnpfs.ko. makedev problems have
> > been reported but
> > solutions did not work for me?!
    one wishes to use -CURRENT should also subscribe to freebsd-current at freebsd.org. :)

    About a month ago FreeBSD development team had changed device drivers
interface. Arla should be updated in order to work with current kernels.

    BTW, __FreeBSD_version has been bumped accordingly.
--
    Yours
        Andrew Kolchoogin.                              [DREW-RIPE, AKOL-RIPN]

... Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It just happens to be
    very selective about who it decides to make friends with.     A. Haiut.