CVS arla and kerberos 4

Martin Gasbichler gasbichl at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jan 19 16:16:40 CET 2004

Harald Barth <haba at pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Martin wrote:
>> kalog.o: In function `main':
>> /afs/wsi/pu/src/gasbichl/arla/appl/kalog/kalog.c:121: undefined reference to `ka_authenticate'
>
> So I would then call it "unsupported", probably because noone in the Arla project can
> test it anymore. Then I learned why the reason for the #if 0: The code inside depends
> on krb4 and arla-current does not do that any more. So you have three options: Take away
> the #if 0 and find a ker4 lib, use some old arla kalog (which depends on krb4 also) or
> use kalog (maybe called klog) from the openafs distribution. That part of openafs
> should build on FreeBSD even if the rest doesn't.

Okay, I've built kalog and linked it against KTH Kerberos 4, version
1.2.1, but it didn't work:

# appl/kalog/kalog gasbichl
Getting ticket for gasbichl at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Password:
kalog: failed inserting tokens for cell informatik.uni-tuebingen.de

# /usr/local/krb4/bin/klist
Ticket file:    /tmp/tkt0_720175104
Principal:      gasbichl at INFORMATIK.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Jan 19 16:01:55  Jan 20 02:41:55  krbtgt.INFORMATIK.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE at INFORMATIK.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE
Jan 19 16:01:55  Jan 20 02:41:55  afs at INFORMATIK.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE

... and I cannot access my home directory.

I also tried using klog from OpenAFS, but it does not work either:

# /usr/afs/bin/klog gasbichl
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because AFS kernel pioctl doesn't exist.

--
Martin