CVS arla and kerberos 4

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Mon Jan 12 17:31:47 CET 2004

Mitch wrote:
> But this doen't affect a user's ability to obtain a token, does it?

Lucky you it did not. I said "probably". I have happyly avoided the
kaserver for a number of reasons (for example strncpy(strlen()) and
such stuff) since around 1998.

Martin wrote:
> kalog.o: In function `main':
> /afs/wsi/pu/src/gasbichl/arla/appl/kalog/kalog.c:121: undefined reference to `ka_authenticate'

So I would then call it "unsupported", probably because noone in the Arla project can
test it anymore. Then I learned why the reason for the #if 0: The code inside depends
on krb4 and arla-current does not do that any more. So you have three options: Take away
the #if 0 and find a ker4 lib, use some old arla kalog (which depends on krb4 also) or
use kalog (maybe called klog) from the openafs distribution. That part of openafs
should build on FreeBSD even if the rest doesn't.

Harald.