Arla 0.35.11, Mac OS X 10.2.4, Afslog.app, aklog

Thomas Jordan jordant at fnal.gov
Wed Mar 5 21:34:25 CET 2003

I have a similar setup and launch afslog once I have krb tickets. The
simple act of launching it gets my tokens. I created an alias for
afslog:

alias afslog    'open /usr/arla/bin/Afslog.app'

so that my authentication looks like:

	[Dix:~] jordant% kinit
	Kerberos Login:
	Please enter the password for jordant at FNAL.GOV:
	[Dix:~] jordant% afslog
	[Dix:~] jordant% tokens

	Tokens held by Arla:

	User's (AFS ID 8998) tokens for afs at fnal.gov [Expires Mar  6 00:27]
    	--End of list--
	[Dix:~] jordant%
	[Dix:~] jordant% touch
/afs/fnal.gov/files/home/room3/jordant/private/foo
	[Dix:~] jordant%

One obvious difference is that my local username, afs and krb principal
all match.

Before I saw your mail, I believed that the *log utils in
/usrt/arla/bin/ were built against the heimdal krb _not_ the MIT krb on
our machines. Prior to 0.35.11, I had little luck building arla against
the OSX versions of krb, so I always install from the disk image rather
than building my own. Did you run make or install from the disk image?

	t.

--
Thomas Jordan
Fermi National Accelerator Lab