FreeBSD 5.0 vnode_if.h creation method.

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Jan 30 15:40:57 CET 2003

Andrew Kolchoogin <andrew at mowgli.rinet.ru> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:42:18PM +0100, Love wrote:
>
>> I think there was other things (that wasn't pulled up from current) that
>> stopped 0.35.x for working on freebsd 5.0.
>
> Too many. :) Beginning with minor tweaks (gcc v3.2 used on -CURRENT wants
> "-ffreestanding" compiler switch to avoid strange warnings about bzero()
> redefinitions, etc.) and ending with VFS reconstruction. ;)

Does the trick that we use for openbsd and netbsd work for freebsd
(current/5.0) too ?

The make trick that is:

  cat > conftest.mk << END
.include <bsd.kmod.mk>
echo:
	@echo \$(CFLAGS) \$(CPPFLAGS)
END
make -f conftest.mk echo

and parse the output

ie will you get -ffreestanding and stuff like that in CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS

> Well, I'll try.

At least 5.0 should work mostly fine, there was some fixes to head after
last pre tar file.