arla-cvs: permissions bug

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya at mit.edu
Tue Jan 28 05:05:37 CET 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:08:11 +0100, Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> wrote:

> >   orbit~1294> aklog
> >   orbit~1295> ls Mail/inbox
> >   ls: Mail/inbox: Permission denied
>
> I think I just fixed this in HEAD, can you please check ?

While it does fix the problem, it makes this message appear much more
frequently now:

  Jan 27 21:54:24 orbit /kernel: nnpfs_message_installattr: tokens and no data
  Jan 27 21:54:59 orbit last message repeated 4 times
  Jan 27 21:55:01 orbit last message repeated 3 times
  Jan 27 22:05:01 orbit last message repeated 9 times
  Jan 27 22:15:01 orbit last message repeated 9 times

Any thoughts on what's causing this?  If the message is harmless, is
there any reason it should be printed?  If not, what's wrong?  I've
been getting this message all the time (although less frequently)
since I started using arla (s/nnpfs/xfs/ until recently) and never
ran into problems related to it.

-- kolya