Stale NFS file handle

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Thu Jan 16 01:31:31 CET 2003

> I have run into the "stale NFS file handle" problem that some other
> people seem to have been getting, based on the Google results.

Remembers me of some errors which can be found in some Redhat Kernels.

Look at the messages in this thread
http://www.stacken.kth.se/lists/arla-drinkers/2002-09/msg00004.html

> I should note that I lied to arla, telling it I was in the
> stacken.kth.se cell (in the absence of a local cell).

That is fine, choose any cell near you as you please. The difference
are what you find mounted in /afs, answer time and auth default values.
If you use -dynroot /afs is generated locally on your machine.

> And why on earch is the word "NFS"
> even involved? :)

Errno 116 from the kernel is interpreted with the ancient default text.

Btw, last Linux kernel tested with arla is 2.4.18. Later kernels need
patches in either kernel or arla.

Harald.