arla & FreeBSD 5.0

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Feb 14 13:06:17 CET 2003

Massimo Marino <Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov> writes:

> Any advantage into installing the 0.36pre17 on a OS X 10.2.4 ?

Yes, 0.36 is must fast then 0.35 and have support for what we call
inc-open, that is fetching [0,n] of the file where n is how long the file
is or what the user requsted.

So copying files are quite a lot fasterq. However, since there some
fileformats with trailers (instead of headers) (avi,pdf) it doesn't always
help.

The pre17 kind of hints that we are trying to push for a release, and that
we find some bugs that the regression test does but users trigger.

You're welcome to try and if it works for you, or not, please tell us.