problem arla/jaguar to openafs

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Apr 15 12:17:15 CEST 2003

Aaron Rosenblum <arosenbl at mac.com> writes:

> Hmm thats interesting.  How might I go about finding out if this is
> the issue?  I assume thats something that has to be changed on the
> server side.

If you look att the file /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB, if your cell look like
this:

>stacken.kth.se            # Stacken Computer Club, KTH, Sweden
130.237.234.3                   #milko.stacken.kth.se
130.237.234.43                  #hot.stacken.kth.se
130.237.237.230                 #fishburger.stacken.kth.se

it it will use the information in the file (CellServDB)

But if it looks like this

>stacken.kth.se            # some text
>some.other.cell	   # some other text

It will try to use AFSDB (dns).

Just edit the file and add the missing information if your cell doesn't
have AFSDB dns entries.

The Mac GUI doesn't have fields to enter this information.