... and more arla on MacOS X 10.2

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at mit.edu
Fri Sep 27 20:20:24 CEST 2002

>  >>>>> "lxs" == Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu> writes:
>
>lxs> >The Kerberos tools that come with MacOS X all seem to be Kerberos 5.
>
>lxs> The Kerberos for Macintosh which ships with Mac OS X 10.1 and 10.2 has
>lxs> support for both Kerberos 4 and Kerberos 5.  However, Kerberos for
>lxs> Macintosh uses a unified configuration file format for both Kerberos 4
>lxs> and 5.  You can find documentation for setting up the configuration
>lxs> file here:
>lxs>
><http://web.mit.edu/macdev/Development/MITKerberos/Common/Documentation/preferences.html>
>
>That does the trick, thanks!
>
>Could this hint be included somewhere in the documentation?  It's
>impossible to figure out just from the man pages (at least for me).

Unfortunately, most of our documentation is on the web and not
included in Mac OS X 10.2, and we can't fix that for at least a year
(until the next OS release, whenever that is).  Eventually we would
like to solve this problem with a GUI tool to configure Kerberos for
Macintosh.  Then the user would be shielded entirely from the
configuration file location and format.

MIT Information Systems                               http://mit.edu/lxs/www/