OS X.2 Jaguar Arla Problems

David Botsch dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 18 20:45:08 CEST 2002

Hi, guys.

I'm giving out arla to try to see how it works with 10.2

I've run into two problems for which I don't see anything on the
mailing list:
1. when loading the arla kernel module, I get the standard Mac OS X.2
error message about the module has problems and could cause security
issues. Do I want to USE, DON'T USE, or FIX AND USE ?

2. Perhaps related to 1. I've chosedn USE on 1 so far. While the
terminal works fine, and while I can get tokens just fine, the finder
seems convinced that /afs (or /Network/AFS) doesn't exist. For users
with home dirs in AFs, this means they get an error about no homedir
being present (yet it can be seen in the terminal). When trying to
browse to /afs with the Finder, I see an error stating "the original
item could not be found"

I'm running arla pretty much as it came from the package on the web
page for 10.2 (the startup script for arla has both the -D and
--fake-stat options, tho, I tried rebooting w/o the --fakestat).

Thanks!

--
David William Botsch
dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu