arla 0.35.10.pkg for OS X 10.2.1

Keith Johnston keith at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 10 04:13:42 CEST 2002

Hi
	I am pleased to say that I have gotten this working which is great,
thank you all who contribute to the hard work of putting together this
application. We are planning to roll it out to our OS X users shortly
as we move to AFS.
	I do have a couple of questions and a problem however.
	Firstly the problem so far I have been unable to get arla to startup
when a machine starts up or restarts which is mildly annoying. Is there
something I can change to fix this?
	I am puzzled about klog which I had been using under OS X 10.1 having
at first used kauth from the kth-krb package and have installed
kth-krb-1.2-macos-10.2 currently on my testbox along with arla-0.35.10.
When I looked in /usr/arla/etc I found a copy of klog
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1292952 Sep 29 12:57 klog
which still seems to meet my simple needs of obtaining tokens for our
cell. Is it an accident that klog is there? I guess what i am
interested in knowing is am I likely to get myself into trouble later
if I use this klog rather than using kauth?

Thanks in advance
Keith

Keith Johnston									xtn: 7977
Computer Support
Computer Science Department					Rm 106

	This email is brought to you by the letters OS X and the number 10