FW: arla finder problem

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Sat May 25 15:13:05 CEST 2002

> My OSX finder is confused about some permissions in AFS space.

I guess that the finder tries to be smart by guessing if you are
allowed to access files based on owner and permission bits instead of
using the access() system call or just doing open(). My guess is that
if you change the bits on the directory that do not matter in AFS to
look like that you are allowed to copy the files (chmod o+w .), the
finder will probably be more tolerant.

Magnus, didn't you plan to do some changes to fool the finder or is
the finder stubborn? What did the apple folks say on this issue?

Btw, I'm reading Kevin & Kell archives today.
http://www.kevinandkell.com/1997/kk0624.html

Harald.