FreeBSD port?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Jul 14 21:19:17 CEST 2002

Aaron Angel <aangel at myrealbox.com> writes:

> > >     The FreeBSD port of arla seems to be broken, is it possible to fix it
> > > up?
> >
> > Yes. At least it builds when using the port package below, didn't try it
> > since I can't reboot the machine right now.  The computer I compiled is a
> > RELENG_4 machine that I compiled yestoday. (is already running arla).
>
> Also note that the FreeBSD port in CVS is still outdated, v 0.35.6.  I've
> built 0.35.8 with a quick port I whipped up and it works fine.  (One could
> probably simply change versions in the Makefile, comment out the BROKEN=
> line, and run `make makesum', and the port should be ready to build after
> that...)

So, my port was removal of all patches except patch-aa, since we have fixed
those, updating to 0.35.9pre4, and removal of the BROKEN line. There is
also probably some added program and man-pages.

I also using the 0.35.9pre4 snapshot since that fixes a problem with xfs
that /usr/bin/install in ``make installworld'' triggers (rename of a file
over a opened file). Its wont corrupt your data, it will just make you wait
for 3 seconds and then the rename will fail.

I guess I should send a pr after 0.35.9 is out. I plan to release it this
week when my build cluster is back up after the move.