Arla config/authenticate and Mac OSX

Keary Lay kearylay at engin.umich.edu
Wed Jan 30 21:22:50 CET 2002

I have arla 0.35.6 and kth-krb 1.0.5 installed.
I have two problems.
When I run the arla config program and hit the start button AFS shows up
in the finder and I am able to view directories, but the start button
never changes over to a stop button. I don't know if this is a user
error or an arla error. The only way I can stop arlad is to issue a kill
command.
I am not able to authenticate using kerberos. When I try
/usr/athena/bin/kinit -r it comes back with
/usr/athena/bin/kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)
Now I must admit to a large portion of newbie ignorance here, but I
believe I have the correct  krb.conf and realms.conf files for my cell
(engin.umich.edu)

One more question out of curiosity. What is the "thing" that aral config
puts in the root directory. It is listed as afs with a plain vanilla ls
and the finder shows it as an alias of some sort, but I don't know how
to get rid of it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Keary Lay