I_DIRTY_DATASYNC -- arla requires 2.4 kernel?

Brian Sammon bsammon at yifan.net
Sun Dec 29 20:45:13 CET 2002

I get a problem compiling arla that seems to center on the fact that
xfs/linux/xfs_inodeops.c refers to the I_DIRTY_DATASYNC constant, and that
constant is not defined in the 2.2 kernel include files.

This is also a problem with I_DIRTY_PAGES.

Am I correct that these constants should be found somewhere in
/usr/src/linux/include ?  Or should I have another package that provides the
appropriate header files?

I notice that glibc-2.2, which I have on my machine, has
/usr/include/linux/fs.h
which has those constants defined, but /usr/src/linux/include/linux/fs.h (from
2.2.20 kernel) , which is preferred over /usr/include/linux/fs.h , does not.