arla 0.35.11 and MacOS 10.2 finder regression?

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl at mac.com
Fri Dec 20 22:44:36 CET 2002

Hey all,

I have had success using arla on my MacOS X boxes in the past.  In fact
I was fairly impressed with how 0.35.10 handled on my iBook.  I like
the idea of using arla on my portable because it provides a graphical
tool that will allow me to start/stop afs on demand when I go in and
out of wireless network range.  In any case, I wanted to check out the
new cocoa shell for afslog so I installed 0.35.11 on my iBook.  I
checked off the auth and show boxes for my cell 'umich.edu' using the
Cell Setup tab in the Arla Configuration app and then clicked the
"Start" button.  AFS showed up in the finder, but it seems that I am
not back to the days of clicking on AFS in the finder and having it
"beach ball" indefinitely.  This was not that case when I had 0.35.10
installed.  In fact, then the finder would return a list of AFS cells
in a few seconds.  I know I can just go back to using the old version,
but I was wondering if any of you had any insight into why this might
be happening all of the sudden.  Listing /afs in the terminal even
seems to hang.  Anything I should look for?

thanks

Aaron