ARLA 0.35.11 on FreeBSD 5.0-RC1

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Tue Dec 17 09:34:44 CET 2002

> Now that I'm having much better luck with -current, I haven't had
> the time to go back and look into arla.  Also, since that time
> there has been a fair amount of progress with openafs support for
> freebsd, and for my own purposes that would be an "easier sell" to
> my managers anyway.  [not that I have openafs working on -current
> either, but I do hope to get to that soon...]

I don't actually care about whether it's arla or openafs (we are
running openafs on linux boxes and it's running OK) but I need
to have AFS client (and even better a server) working. I've noticed
some rather sporadic mails on freebsd port openafs mailing list
but I felt like it's not under heavy development. BTW: how about
commiting openafs to the ports tree to have at least some common
place for patches that can be tested...

If I can help with getting one (or both) of these ported to -CURRENT
I'd be happy to do so (e.g. testing of current patches etc.)

Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 4                             Institute of Compt. Science
160 00 Praha 6, CZ                            Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub at cesnet.cz              phone: +420-5-41512213
                                       e-mail: hopet at ics.muni.cz