Problems running arla on mac

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Dec 16 17:08:52 CET 2002

RD Schaffer <R.D.Schaffer at cern.ch> writes:

> Hi there,
>
>    I believe that we have figured out the problem - our firewall
> restricts the number of ports open and we suspect that arla requires
> ones that are not available. Can you tell me what the requirements are
> for arla? I believe this explains the

arla uses the source port of 4711, you can change that by adding a extra
argument to arlad.

$ /usr/arla/libexec/arlad --help
[...]
--port=number                   port number to use

You'll need to modify the start script in /Library/StartupItems/Arla and
/usr/alra/sbin/startarla. The former is used when arla is started when
booting.

Current arla have changed to use the same port as Transarc/OpenAFS.