arla-0.35.11

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Dec 6 07:28:24 CET 2002

Hej

A new arla release can be found here now:
ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/arla-0.35.11.tar.gz, or
/afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp/pub/arla/arla-0.35.11.tar.gz

Changes in release 0.35.11

* Support for OpenBSD 3.2

* Arla cmm for MacOS X added

* Arla afslog for MacOS X added

* Themis updated

* Bug fixes

Most changes are it the Mac OS X support. We now include a
couple of more program that you'll find useful.

First there is an Afslog.app that will take your native Mac OS X
kerberos credentials and get you afs tokens. You'll need the Kerberos
extras package from MIT to get your Kerberos tickets. Make sure you
have a kerberos configuration file in /Library/Preferences. Also it
might be a good idea to put your cell in /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell, since
libkrbafs (thanks Alexandra Ellwood for libkrbafs) will use that and
get tokens for that cell. Afslog.app needs some more work, but will
work fine for now.

Oh, yeah, Afslog.app will only use Kerberos 5 tickets and do 524 on them.

Also we have added a AFS ACL manager, ArlaCMM, just control click on a
folder and you'll get two extra menu items for any folders in AFS. It
should be obvious how to use it.

Both Afslog.app and the "Contextual Menu Item" will work with OpenAFS.

Another major change is for OpenBSD, we now support 3.2 and have
changed syscall to 208, like that native Arla that you get with
OpenBSD, so now all tools that you get with OpenAFS will work.

For this release there is also binary releases for FreeBSD4.7/i386,
NetBSD1.6/i386, OpenBSD3.2/i386 and MacOS X 10.2. Binaries can be
found in:

ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/binaries/0.35.11

Known problems:

 - for certain workloads it may behaive badly on Linux

	We know what the source of the problems is as
	are working on a fix.

 - NetBSD 1.6 have two fatal flaws

	We have a patch for it and will do a updating release soon (at
	least a prelease) that includes the fixes. Head of the 0.35
	branch includes both fixes.

Love and the rest of the arla drinkers