Arla and OSX 10.2

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl at mac.com
Wed Aug 14 00:04:21 CEST 2002

I have found that Arla works with 10.2, but you have to take the
xfs_mod.o and put it into a kext bundle.  I did this by manually
creating a bundle that I called arla.kext.  I then copied over an
info.plist from another fs kext and changed the fields to reflect the
arla binary.  The reason for this is that 10.2 no longer uses kmload
and kmunload, instead it uses kextload and kextunload.The strings in
the GUI app must be updated to reflect this change.  I have not touched
the startup script, but I would assume that if one were to change the
command to load the module to kextload, it would work fine.  There are
probably a few other code things that need updating to be fully "jaguar
compliant", but I was pretty happy that I could get it up and running
with minimal effort.

Aaron