Latest Arla on Latest NetBSD

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Sep 25 00:10:58 CEST 2001

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> >Do you have a options INSECURE kernel ? (or running with right securelevel).
>
> Hmmm.  That's normally on because X requires it (or console messages
> that don't mess up an X display requires it).  I may have turned it
> off because I didn't expect to run X on this machine, but I can't
> recall.  Will check when I get home.

If that isn't the case, can you turn on arla debugging in xfs/bsd/xfs_deb.c
(change x to X) and see if you ever reach the xfs code.

> Is this equivalent to using the configure options for that purpose? I
> tried that and got some unresolved external reference.  I forget what,
> but it was some new variation on a routine that did exist.

On a (as far as I know) clean NetBSD/alpha-1.5.1 I can build
arla-0.35.6pre7 without any problems (again, with tests commented out in
the top makefile).

Love

configure \
        --with-roken=yes \
        --with-roken-include=/usr/include/krb5 \
        --with-roken-lib=/usr/lib