Latest Arla on Latest NetBSD

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 24 23:10:53 CEST 2001

At 9:29 PM +0200 9/24/01, Love wrote:
>"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>  > When I got done I got a kernel memory allocation error and the kernel
>>  module wouldn't install.
>>
>>  Now that I've written this it sounds vague.  Does that sound familiar
>>  or do I need to get the real error message?
>
>Do you have a options INSECURE kernel ? (or running with right securelevel).

Hmmm.  That's normally on because X requires it (or console messages
that don't mess up an X display requires it).  I may have turned it
off because I didn't expect to run X on this machine, but I can't
recall.  Will check when I get home.

>  > Also:  NetBSD 1.5.x has Heimdal pre-integrated, but it doesn't seem to
>>  satisfy all the external references that Arla makes.  Any comments on
>>  maybe using the built-in support libraries instead of the ones that
>>  come with Arla?
>
>Yes that is possible, you should be able to tweek configure.in so it will
>link agaist the local libroken (the netbsd one). All parts of arla except
>the test-cases, so, don't build the test cases (by commeting them out from
>the top makefile).

Is this equivalent to using the configure options for that purpose?
I tried that and got some unresolved external reference.  I forget
what, but it was some new variation on a routine that did exist.
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu