Arla and SGI XFS

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Mon Sep 24 23:47:51 CEST 2001

>Now i tried a "brute force" renaming -- ie i wrote a script which
>substitutes every single "xfs" with "yfs"[1], even in the filenames.

We have other people who have tried the "renaming everything" approach
(but to arlafs), but it seems that there are some issues with having
the arlad cache in sgi-xfs. I am told that it works to have sgi-xfs
and arla-xfs coexistent as long as you put the cache into ext2.

Btw, there have been reports that reiserfs is fine.

Both of the xfs issues (xfs rename and cache not being able to reside
in sgi-xfs) needs rewriting and debugging.

Harald.