Latest Arla on Latest NetBSD

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Sep 24 21:29:08 CEST 2001

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> The version in NetBSD Packages is a touch old, so I downloaded the
> latest and applied the patches as best I could.  (The patches mostly
> related to guaranteeing the right versions of Kerberos libraries got
> loaded.)
>
> When I got done I got a kernel memory allocation error and the kernel
> module wouldn't install.
>
> Now that I've written this it sounds vague.  Does that sound familiar
> or do I need to get the real error message?

Do you have a options INSECURE kernel ? (or running with right securelevel).

> Also:  NetBSD 1.5.x has Heimdal pre-integrated, but it doesn't seem to
> satisfy all the external references that Arla makes.  Any comments on
> maybe using the built-in support libraries instead of the ones that
> come with Arla?

Yes that is possible, you should be able to tweek configure.in so it will
link agaist the local libroken (the netbsd one). All parts of arla except
the test-cases, so, don't build the test cases (by commeting them out from
the top makefile).