Latest Arla on Latest NetBSD

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 24 21:13:20 CEST 2001

The version in NetBSD Packages is a touch old, so I downloaded the
latest and applied the patches as best I could.  (The patches mostly
related to guaranteeing the right versions of Kerberos libraries got
loaded.)

When I got done I got a kernel memory allocation error and the kernel
module wouldn't install.

Now that I've written this it sounds vague.  Does that sound familiar
or do I need to get the real error message?

Also:  NetBSD 1.5.x has Heimdal pre-integrated, but it doesn't seem
to satisfy all the external references that Arla makes.  Any comments
on maybe using the built-in support libraries instead of the ones
that come with Arla?
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu