aklog on OSX 10.1

Thomas Jordan jordant at fnal.gov
Wed Oct 17 23:22:55 CEST 2001

Hi Sandy,

I removed /etc/krb*.* to prove you wrong....erm...you were right.

I am sure that I am running the KfM 'kinit' and still have issues with
aklog not working. I am still pluggin away at it and will post
developments to the list.

tom

On Tuesday, October 16, 2001, at 05:39 PM, Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

> At 4:36 PM -0500 10/16/01, Thomas Jordan wrote:
>
>> You (and others on the list) may be interested to know that the MIT
>> gui worked fine when I added the correct
>> /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos file. The command line Kerberos
>> did not work until I added the correct /etc/krb.conf file. Now I can
>> get Kerberos tickets from either the command line _or_ the MIT gui
>> application. Destroying them in one place (i.e., cli), destroys them
>> in the other (i.e, gui) as well.
>
> Sounds like you might have an issue ... I only have the
> "/Library/Preferences/..." file, and I get proper GUI and CLI operation.
>
> Are you sure that you're running the "kinit" from KfM, and not one
> earlier in your path?  (perhaps /usr/athena/bin/kinit, or wherever
> KTH-KRB installs?)
>
> -s-
> -- qq------------------------------------------------
> sandor w. sklar                |    Non impediti
> unix systems administrator     |         ratione
> stanford university itss-css   |    cogitationis

Thomas Jordan
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
PO Box 500, MS 226 WH15W
Batavia, Il