[OT]RX protocol dissector, help requested

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Thu May 31 17:25:36 CEST 2001

"Ronnie Sahlberg" <rsahlber at bigpond.net.au> writes:
> Hi,

Hello.

[Sorry for the delay, and I blame the spam filter for that]

> Are you familiar with the OSS network analyzer tool Ethereal :

Yes

> I am working with updating/completing the RX-protocol dissector (and later
> the AFS-protocol dissectors).
> I have not found much useful or detailed specs for the RX protocol :-(
> I assume you are familiar with the RX protocol since you have implemented
> it.

Have you looked at the rx/afs printing code in tcpdump?  I think that
would actually be the best starting point for you.  If that's not
useful for you we can probably can up with more details regarding how
the packets you're interested in look like.

/assar