[OT]RX protocol dissector, help requested

Ronnie Sahlberg rsahlber at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 31 17:08:53 CEST 2001

Hi,

Are you familiar with the OSS network analyzer tool Ethereal :
www.ethereal.com ?
(No, not commerical, but www.ethereal.org seems to be registered by some
sort of psychodelic weirdo site)

I am working with updating/completing the RX-protocol dissector (and later
the AFS-protocol dissectors).
I have not found much useful or detailed specs for the RX protocol :-(
I assume you are familiar with the RX protocol since you have implemented
it.

Would anyone of you be able to assist/help in getting the dissector to work
properly?
I am mainly interested in what the ACK etc  packets look like and to verify
that the dissector dissects these
packets properly.
I have looked at some captures for AFS traffic and can not really make much
sense of what is supposed
to be an ACK packet. (way to much payload for an ACK packet in the captures
I try to correlate to
the ack struct in rx.h or something)

Best Regards
    Ronnie Sahlberg