Problem copying files

Adam Huffman adam.huffman at man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 13:08:55 CET 2001

Hello

I'm having a strange problem with the latest release.  Copying files
from an AFS directory to a local directory works but when try to copy a
local file to an AFS directory, cp takes up all the CPU time and if I
interrupt it a zero-length file is created.

Someone has mentioned something similar and was asked whether they had
the file open in another program.  The files I'm copying are generally
open in an editor, but I've tried closing them in the editor and that
doesn't make any difference.

This is on a Linux box, kernel 2.4.2-ac20.

Adam