OT, was: arla-0.35.4 prevents login on Mac OS X

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 7 20:46:37 CEST 2001

At 8:41 AM -0700 6/7/01, Sandor W. Sklar wrote:
>(BTW, excellent software otherwise, and thank you very much!  If I
>can just get our AFS people to support a "darwin" public software
>tree, everything would be great!)

I'll second that.

Realistically I think it's still too early to do it.  Look at all the
issues just with Arla.  Now multiply that by every other piece of
public software that would have to be supported.  Even gcc, which is
in darwin itself, doesn't support the other language variants like
g77 very easily yet.

That said, I'm sure JPL will be forced to do it by massive,
overwhelming user pressure.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.
h.b.hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu