MacOS X window at startup

Economou, Matthew [EESUS] MEconom at EESUS.JNJ.com
Wed Jun 6 14:36:59 CEST 2001

I don't know how Finder treats symlinks, but I've set up my cell
such that all known cells' root.cell volumes are mounted under
/afs/external, with the cell names in /afs symlinked to the actual
mounts under /afs/external, e.g.:

        /afs/external/athena.mit.edu is the athena.mit.edu:root.cell volume
        /afs/athena.mit.edu is a symlink to the above

Under Unix and Windows, a detailed listing of the /afs directory
doesn't attempt to contact all the cells mounted there.  You might
mention this to your AFS administrator.  Here's the Bourne shell
script I used to create the mounts+symlinks in one pass:

    #!/bin/sh
    mkdir /afs/.root.afs/external
    for cell in `grep '^>' /etc/openafs/CellServDB \
                 | grep -v irtnog.org | awk '{print $1}'
                 | sed -e 's/>//'`; do
     fs mkm /afs/.root.afs/external/$cell root.cell -cell $cell -fast
     ln -s /afs/external/$cell /afs/.root.afs/$cell
    done
    vos release root.afs

Of course, you'd have to edit it for your site.