Bugs in Arla 0.35.4pre7 and other newer stuff on MacOS X.

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Wed Jun 6 01:26:47 CEST 2001

> OK, that works.  I even get an Arla Configuration application
> installed in the top-level of the --prefix location specified to
> configure.
>
> Unfortunately, the app seems to only be able to stop arla, nothing
> else, on my machine.  It just crashes.  I first suspected this was
> because I had already put some stuff into /Library/StartupItems/Arla
> to make AFS start during boot.  However inspecting the console log I
> see attempts to access /usr/arla/...  There is no such directory
> because I used --prefix=/usr/local with configure (just as I had for
> kth-krb and postgresql).
>
> I hope that obeying the configure directive will justify a ...pre9 version.

The Arla Configuration program relies heavily on arla being installed
in /usr/arla, and some other things, like my own StartupItems script.
That program is supposed to be used in the package created by the
appl/mac/make-mac-package.sh, and anything else is unsupported.

I will try to make it work with other prefixes some day.

If you want to use the configuration program, please make your own
package with that script, or wait for the binary package that will be
out soon.

/Magnus