Bugs in Arla 0.35.4pre7 and other newer stuff on MacOS X.

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 5 19:13:12 CEST 2001

I haven't looked at ...pre8, but yesterday I was setting up another
convert and I found out two things that don't work anymore, but used
to:

1) I guess there's a reason the Arla site refers you to kth-krb 1.0.6
instead of 1.0.8.  I get unresolved references with 1.0.8 to
_k_hasafs and something like _k_pioctl.  Reverting to 1.0.6 works
fine.

2) In arla...pre5 through ...pre7 there is an ln -sf command in
appl/mac/Arla_Configuration/Makefile.in that needs to be deleted or
the build will fail.  It creates circular links that delete the
actual files you want which are already there.  I solved it by
installing ...pre4, but one of my other converts reports the build
works if you just delete it.

3) I don't know if this is a real Arla problem, but I'll report it
anyway:  I'm still using ...pre2 on MacOS 10.0.3.  I edited a shell
script in vi.  Tried it;  needed more changes.  Went to re-edit it
and the changes did not show.  Did a more on it and the changes were
there.  vi again, still not there.  Moved to a non'AFS directory to
finish the task.

Since I don't think Arla would distinguish between vi and more I
don't think this is an Arla problem.  Anyone disagree?

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.
h.b.hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu