Tru64 : Intermittent errors when saving a file

Michel Jouvin jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr
Sun Jul 15 05:53:53 CEST 2001

We installed arla on a Tru64 v5.1 machine. Basically it works. but users
are reported abnormal errors when trying to save a file from an editor
(xemacs). Generally it works but from time to time it says "opening output
file interrupted system..." (user says there is quite a long message but I
am not at the lab and I am not able to check it exactly). If he/she retries
to save it works.

Does it sound as something known ? This behaviour doesn't exist with an AFS
client.

Thanks in advance for any hint/help. I found no information in log files.

Michel

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * B.P. 34                                                   *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *