pts membership not working?

Todd Cohen cohentl at clarkson.edu
Mon Jan 8 16:32:33 CET 2001

ok, I tried it out and now I have a different problem. I can't get a
token. I normally install via the freebsd ports collection so what I did
was a ./configure --prefix=/usr/local . Any ideas?2

lizard:/usr/home/cohentl$ klog
cohentl at clarkson.edu's Password:
klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Permission Denied (kerberos)
lizard:/usr/home/cohentl$ kalog
Getting ticket for cohentl at clarkson.edu
Password:
kalog: ka_authenticate failed with 180514

On 7 Jan 2001, Love wrote:

> Nickolai Zeldovich <kolya at mit.edu> writes:
>
> > > bash-2.04$ pts mem cohentl
> > > cohentl
> > > Can't get a ticket for realm CLARKSON.EDU: No ticket file (tf_util)
> > > membership: error PR - Permission denied. (267269)
> >
> > The arla command-line tools don't grab the token out of the kernel,
> > but use your krb4 ticket; it looks like your cell uses kaserver, so
> > you should be able to use kalog to get a v4 ticket.
>
> I've updated the lib the read the tickets to fallback to read tokens if it
> failes.
>
> I've put up a new snapshot, can you please try it out ?
>
> Love
>
> ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-0.35pre3.tar.gz
>

> : nutcracker ; pts mem lha -cell e.kth.se | grep arla
>   arla
> : nutcracker ; KRBTKFILE=/tmp/no.file pts mem lha -cell e.kth.se | grep arla
>   arla
> : nutcracker ; unlog
> : nutcracker ; KRBTKFILE=/tmp/no.file pts mem lha -cell e.kth.se | grep arla
> Can't get a token for cell e.kth.se
> membership: error PR - Permission denied. (267269)

ICMP: The protocol that goes PING!    I like angles, but only to a degree.
cthread. cthread_fork(). Fork, thread, fork!             Black holes suck.
http://wckn.clarkson.edu/~cohentl/          Real_men_don't_need_spacebars.