Problem getting AFS tokens

Quincey Koziol koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 00:02:04 CET 2001

Howdy all,
    I'm hacking on openssh-3.0.2 to get Kerberos 5 authentication working and
I've almost got things working, but though sshd is accepting my Kerberos 5
ticket and allowing me to log in, it's not getting an AFS token when logging
me in.  I've put in the "suggested" method of getting an AFS token:
    if (k_hasafs()) {
        char cell[64];
        int krb_err_val;

        printf("k_hasafs() succeeded!\n");
        k_setpag();
        if (k_afs_cell_of_file(pw->pw_dir, cell, sizeof(cell)) == 0)
            krb_err_val=krb_afslog(cell, NULL);

        krb_err_val=krb_afslog(NULL, NULL);
        printf("krb_err_val=%d\n",krb_err_val);
    }

    Unfortunately, krb_afslog() is returning a value 76, instead of 0,
indicating an error occured.  However, I don't know what error code 76 is... :-(
    Can anyone lend me a hand here and tell me why this chunk of code is failing
and how to correct it?
    Should I be using krb5_afslog instead?  If so, how do I get the krb5_context
and krb_ccache parameters needed?

    Thanks,
        Quincey Koziol
        koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu