Authentication with Arla, krbafs and kerbV5 in darwin

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 22 19:51:59 CEST 2001

At 12:41 PM -0500 8/22/01, Thomas Jordan wrote:
>On Wednesday, August 22, 2001, at 12:31 PM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>Where and how do I get krbafs-0.9.8?  I've registered for Darwin
>source code, but I don't see that listed at opensource.apple.com.
><snip>
>
>Hi Henry at.al.,
>
>I sent this earlier today to the folks at CMU. I originally found it
>there, downloaded it and let it sit until I had more time. I went
>back there this morning to ensure that I had the most recent
>version. When I received the 404, I used the version on my machine.
>I still have the tarred files....

OK, you're getting it from CMU, not Apple.

In other words you are modifying the Darwin sources with the CMU
patch for MIT kerb 5 to support afs.  I had hoped someone would do
that, but I wasn't up for it myself.  Also since Apple doesn't
release the same source code as the product they deliver I wasn't
sure I could trust what I would get if I did do those modifications.
If I have to worry about version issues I'd rather stick with the
kth-krb stuff.