Arla and Kerberos V?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Apr 27 05:09:36 CEST 2001

"Economou, Matthew [EESUS]" <MEconom at EESUS.JNJ.com> writes:

> How do I convert Kerberos V tickets ("afs/cell at REALM") into tokens
> usable by Arla?  The client system is NetBSD 1.5 (which bundled
> Heimdal), with the kth-krb4 and arla packages installed.
>
> The servers are (1) a Windows 2000 domain controller and (2) a
> Linux box running krb524d (from MIT Kerberos V release 1.2.2) and
> OpenAFS 1.0.3.
>
> I can obtain tickets in the domain using the Heimdal client, but
> I have no idea as to go about converting the V5 "afs at IRTNOG.ORG"
> tickets into tokens.  With AFS/OpenAFS, I can use the AFS Migration
> Kit, which provides a utility called "aklog" that not only will
> convert the tickets, but set up a PAG as well.
>
> What am I missing?  Pointers to the literature or archives are
> much appreciated.

You can try kinit --afslog, it works with my NetBSD-1.5U box.

I hacked together that explains the situations and the history of the tools
at: <http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/arla/html/arla.html#SEC36>

It seems like tools like afslog and pagsh that will convert tickets to
tokens and give you a new PAG is built on NetBSD.