kernel module problem

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Sep 29 09:04:19 CEST 2000

Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:

> Dear Arla people,
>
> To follow-up on my earlier messages, I think the kernel module is clearly
> the problem. When I try fs xfsdebug (or fs anything else for that matter),
> I get "Error detecting AFS". This means that there is a problem with the
> kernel support, right? I tried rebuilding the kernel module without any
> flags, but the kernel module is the same size and looks identical when I
> look at it with less. I am not sure whether to bother reinstalling with
> minor changes in the compilation or not, since I am not sure whether it
> will help.

"Error detecting AFS" means that there isn't any afs-syscall, and if you
kernel module fails to insert that, I have no clue what's wrong.

Now for us to see what is wrong. You'll need to turn on debugging on xfs
and arla. This is all described on

<http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/arla/html/arla_5.html>

Esp. the part:

  "If it crashes before you have an opportunity to set the debug level, you
   will have to edit `xfs/your-os/xfs_deb.c' and recompile".

Without this information, we can't help you.