Klog w/ IBM AFS 3.5p5

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Sep 26 15:22:51 CEST 2000

ricci> OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SPARC (specifically, a SPARCstaion-20)
ricci> And here's the string from the kaserver binary:
ricci> @(#)Base configuration afs3.5 3.51

I don't think that the kaserver shipped with afs3.5 3.51 is still
working as designed (giving correct answers to krb4 questions) after
the patches to fix the buffer overrun bugs. To get hints what is going
on, attach a debugger to the kaserver and set the variable
krb_udp_debug=1. The kaserver should then start to log messages like
"UGetTicket: got ticket from name.instance at cell" to stdout.

If anyone reading this actually succeeds in getting _krb4_creds from
this version (Base 3.5 3.51) of kaserver, let us know. I think the
bug was introduced in krb_udp.c between versions 2.58 and 2.78

Harald.