Arla newbie needs help

s-luppescu@uchicago.edu s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 12 00:38:17 CEST 2000

On 11-Sep-2000 Hans Insulander wrote:
> s-luppescu at uchicago.edu writes:
>
>> I have just installed arla on my RedHat Linux 6.2 (intel) machine, and need
>> couple of hints as to how to get it to work completely. Here are the
>> problems
>> I'm having:
>>
>> 1) I built and installed arla without any trouble, and mounted /afs, and can
>> see the files in stacken, and several other cells. The trouble is when I try
>> look at our local afs cell I get ``no such file or directory'' messages. Our
>> local cell is src.uchicago.edu. Here's a sample session:
>
> I'd guess you're running against the stacken.kth.se cell, which does not have
> the src.uchicago.edu mounted. Edit the file ThisCell in the Arla config
> directory and replace the current text with your home cell.

Thanks for the advice. In fact, I had changed ThisCell, but I didn't restart
arlad, so it still thought ThisCell was stacken.kth.se.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
How comes it to pass, then, that we appear such cowards in reasoning,
and are so afraid to stand the test of ridicule?
                -- A. Cooper