Arla newbie needs help

Hans Insulander hin at stacken.kth.se
Mon Sep 11 23:57:56 CEST 2000

s-luppescu at uchicago.edu writes:

> I have just installed arla on my RedHat Linux 6.2 (intel) machine, and need a
> couple of hints as to how to get it to work completely. Here are the problems
> I'm having:
>
> 1) I built and installed arla without any trouble, and mounted /afs, and can
> see the files in stacken, and several other cells. The trouble is when I try to
> look at our local afs cell I get ``no such file or directory'' messages. Our
> local cell is src.uchicago.edu. Here's a sample session:

I'd guess you're running against the stacken.kth.se cell, which does not have
the src.uchicago.edu mounted. Edit the file ThisCell in the Arla config
directory and replace the current text with your home cell.

--
--- Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se>, SM0UTY -----------------------
Gravity never looses. The best you can hope for is a draw.