samba compile prob.

Hans Insulander hin at stacken.kth.se
Fri Sep 1 09:40:54 CEST 2000

Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan.to> writes:

> Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:
>
> > Libkafs is not dependant on AFS headers and libraries and detects AFS
> > at runtime, and that's why i think it works better. For example, you can
> > use the same Samba binaries on a system without AFS as on a system with AFS.
>
> OK. Cool. Krb4 auth works great. But, I cannot read and write files within
> the AFS cells. An uneducated guess tells me that the samba server is
> not obtaining a ticket that would give it proper access to the AFS cell.
>
> All I did was compile samba --with-krb4, and these are my configs:
>
> nutrimatic# cat krb.conf
> JPL.NASA.GOV
> nutrimatic# cat krb.realms
> .JPL.NASA.GOV JPL.NASA.GOV
> nutrimatic# cat smb.conf
> [global]
>         security = user
>         encrypt passwords = no
>         ; debug level = 99
>
> [CEEGROUP]
>         path = /afs/jpl/group/ceegroup
>         writable = yes
>
> Have I missed something obvious? Thanks.

I don't know. Last time i tried, it worked. (That was about a year or two
ago)

Does it say anything strange in the logfile?

Look in the Samba password verification code and make sure something
like this is run somewhere:

if(k_hasafs()) {
        k_setpag();
        krb_afslog(...);
}

What version of Samba are you running?

--
--- Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se>, SM0UTY -----------------------
Gravity never looses. The best you can hope for is a draw.