samba compile prob.

Tom Vaughan tom at vaughan.to
Fri Sep 1 06:37:41 CEST 2000

Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Libkafs is not dependant on AFS headers and libraries and detects AFS
> at runtime, and that's why i think it works better. For example, you can
> use the same Samba binaries on a system without AFS as on a system with AFS.

OK. Cool. Krb4 auth works great. But, I cannot read and write files within
the AFS cells. An uneducated guess tells me that the samba server is
not obtaining a ticket that would give it proper access to the AFS cell.

All I did was compile samba --with-krb4, and these are my configs:

nutrimatic# cat krb.conf
JPL.NASA.GOV
nutrimatic# cat krb.realms
.JPL.NASA.GOV JPL.NASA.GOV
nutrimatic# cat smb.conf
[global]
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = no
        ; debug level = 99

[CEEGROUP]
        path = /afs/jpl/group/ceegroup
        writable = yes

Have I missed something obvious? Thanks.

-Tom

--
Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan dot to>